EVESHAM United Robins got the better of an impressive Quedgeley Wanderers side 3-1 in the Under 14s C&G League Cup second round.

The first-half was tight but Quedgeley struck first on the break only for Evesham to level when a Tom Leonard pass found Dom Taylor who lobbed the keeper.

In the second period, Ed Bagley’s defence with Jo O’Hara, Jack Rogers and keeper Josh Rogers got on top and kept Quedgeley to long-range efforts.

William Warren headed home a corner to put Evesham ahead for the first time on the hour.

Towards the end, Bradley Izod and Thomas Backs combined for Warren to fire home his second.

  • A fantastic team effort guided Badsey Rangers through the Ambassador Evesham League Under 12s Cup first round, edging out Welford Juniors 5-4 on penalties in a thriller.

The game ended 2-2 after Badsey defended well early on and went ahead two minutes before half-time through substitute Alfredo Botella La Grange from keeper Adam Ballard’s long kick.

Player-of-the-match Ballard pulled off outstanding saves. Owain Hann added a superb second from Matt Child’s pass but Welford levelled with two in the last 10 minutes before a goalless extra-time.

Ballard made a late save before Tom Linley, Botella La Grange, Child, Ryan Keyte and Holland tucked away their spot-kicks.

  • Pershore Town Falcons beat Bidford Juniors 5-0 in the Under 16s Cup first round but it was a frustrating game.

The visitors capped a bright start with a firstminute strike from Jack Brown who carved through the defence and then Josh Lumley tapped in a pass from Daniel Burke.

Pershore could not create many chances but wellworked moves were finished off Jake Wilkinson and skipper Burke, who then completed his brace and the scoring for Pershore.

Pershore Town saw off Ilmington United 5-2 in the Under 15s Cup first round.

They dominated possession only to concede a 17thminute opener but J Byrne quickly levelled.

J Wall went past a defender and the keeper to put Pershore ahead before J Stokes ran from his own half to add a swift third.

Pershore again had the better of the second period with Wall finishing off A Courts’ through-ball and I Howells finding the top corner with a 45-yard free-kick.

Ilmington grabbed a late consolation with a penalty