MANAGER John Snape admitted Worcester City still had plenty of lessons to learn despite a return to winning ways at AFC Wulfrunians.

Jordan Harrison struck either side of Josh Willis finding the net in a 3-2 Midland Football League Premier Division victory at the CKW Stadium.

WATCH: Jason Cowley's wonder goal for Bromsgrove goes viral

It was a welcome three points on the back of three straight home defeats in the league but Snape insists there is room for improvement.

"From where we have been, hopefully this will breed confidence," said Snape.

"If we get seven-out-of-ten performances from everyone I think we will beat most teams at this level. The problem we have had is that inconsistency, if those performances turn into five and six then things change.

"Overall it is about doing the basics right. On the pitch we played on, it was one of those occasions when it needed to be turned around the corner and go into good areas in behind to get throw-ins and corners.

"At times we tried to play in tight areas and got caught out a little bit."

AS IT HAPPENED: AFC Wulfrunians 2 City 3 

READ MORE | Football round-up - Hereford, Harriers, Raiders, Pershore and more

Harrison braved a late challenge from keeper Ben Roberts to glance in after six minutes with City on top for spells of the first half while also looking susceptible to the break.

Sam Gilder parried a Kyle Brady shot into the path of Chris Sterling who was challenged from behind by Luke English. Referee Charlie Dickens pointed to the spot despite English's protestations and Angelo Franco coolly did the business from 12 yards seven minutes before half-time.

City started the second half brightly and moved back in front seven minutes after the restart when Tyler Weir spread to Callum McFarlane on the left and his whipped cross was thumped in by Willis who had driven into the box from midfield.

The third arrived in the 66th minute when Harrison rolled low to the right a City penalty after substitute James Lemon had been played in by a perfectly-weighted Weir pass only to be sent sprawling by Ben Roberts.

Wulfrunians were not done, though, and a corner that made its way to the back post saw Franco round a couple of defenders before firing high across goal seven minutes from the end.

Despite the setback, Worcester were largely untroubled late on and probably looked the likelier to score the next goal after that.

The match saw Aaron Roberts, signed from Bromsgrove Sporting in the week, make his debut in the middle of a back three.

"Aaron made his first start in the backline and was excellent, it was a commanding performance from him," added Snape.

"I was disappointed for him and Sam Gilder (goalkeeper) over the goals we conceded, Sam didn't have a chance with either of them. The final score did not do justice to their good, solid performances."


Wulfs: Roberts 4.5, Riley-Stewart 7, Gregg 6, Rowley 5.5, Taylor 5.5, Franco 8, Meggoe 7, Evans 6 (Hughes, 85, 6), Sterling 6.5 (Webb, 75, 6), Brady 6.5, Jevons 6. Unused subs: McDonald, Wilson, Worrall.

City: Gilder 7, English 5.5, McFarlane 6.5, Andoh 6, Roberts 7, Hall 6.5, Lockett 6 (Caines, 86, 6), Attoumani 5 (Willis, h-t, 7), Harrison 7.5, Lawrence 5.5 (Lemon, 62, 6), Weir 6.5. Unused subs: Bates, Moran.

Referee: Charlie Dickens, 6.

Attendance: 162.

Match rating: 6.